This project is read-only.

Is 3.5 SP1 actually required?

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:45 PM
I noticed when looking at the home page that 3.5 SP1 is mentioned. Is that just required for the shader support, or is SP1 required in order to use the library at all? (we don't need shader support at this time, but being able to use the basic signal library would be fantastic)

I ask because my client currently cannot update to SP1 as SP1 has critical bugs, the fixes for which are only available as QFE at this time. We will only be able to move to SP1 once the new version of it (who knows what the final name will be. ".net 3.5 SP1 SP1", perhaps? ;) ) has been released.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
Oct 22, 2008 at 2:33 AM
As the project is deployed, ya, you need .NET 3.5 SP1 just to compile given that we wrap the Shader Effect API in source code. If you want to use just the signal library under .NET 3.5, you have to remove Shaders.cs, ShadersImpl.cs, and possibly EffectCompiler.cs from your project. No other files depend on these (except for the example), so the library would world work well after that.

If there is a lot of interest, I can put out a .NET 3.5 clean version of the project.
Oct 22, 2008 at 2:39 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I suspected that some minor source modification might be the case, and can probably get away with that between now and the time that we can move over, after which I can replace our custom build with official binaries.